Crafty Chicks

Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Knitted DishCloths

My husband is one of "those people" that never wring out the dishcloth after doing dishes. Then I go to pick up the dishcloth to start doing dishes or wipe of counters or whatever and I end up with a handful of cold, wet, slimy, terrycloth. Gross.

However, I have discovered that when I use the knitted dishcloth, there is far less slime. It is still cold, a little wet, but I can handle that if there isn't any slime.

When I made the dishcloth I was still even more of a newbie that I am now. There are holes (accidental yarn overs) and it's really wavy and the number of stiches varies per row, but it works great on the plates that have ketchup or ranch dressing on them. I simply made a square (okay, square rectangle-ish thing, but you get my drift) out of Peaches and Cream cotton yarn and number 9 needles. I prefer a large discloth about that is between 6" - 8" square. Just a simple knit until you have the size that you want. You can also knit a long rectangle and then gather the material with a piece of yarn and it makes a "poofy". Those work really well on the dishes and they dry better when thrown into the sink by hubby.

You two can be slime free! Or you can just boot the hubby, I do that too.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

I too have discovered the joy of knitted dishcloths...well, rather, KNITTING dishcloths/washcloths...I have yet to use them myself! I'm making them as gifts this season.

By Blogger Knitting with a Purpose, at December 18, 2006 at 5:34:00 AM PST  

Post a comment

<< Home