Crafty Chicks

Monday, December 4, 2006

Mommy the Maid ~ Crash Course In Knitting

Knitschmidt and Cartman's Mom have taught me how to knit. I am amazed that I was able to pick it up quickly and after only a few hundred mistakes, and a lot of laughter, I was able to knit scarves that acctaully looked like a scarf. I have not yet even tried to purl yet, but that will come with time.

I have finsihed three scarfs so far (and some really ugly dishcloths) and here they are:

This will be wrapped up shortly and placed under the tree for Miss Turtle to find on Christmas morning. It is a white furry yarn with a black "ladder" ribbon. It was difficult getting used to the fur and I kept sticking the needle through the holes in the "ladder" ribbon, but I really like how it turned out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I made this one with some pink glittery ribbon like yarn from No Boundries that I bought off of Cartman's Mom for a Starbucks coffee. I am giving it to my 12 year old sister for Christmas:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I orignally bought this cotton yarn to make dishcloths. I made a few items that resemble dishcloths, but they are for our house and no one will ever know they were my work. As I started another try at a dishcloth, I realized it was not wide enough and I decided to continue the length and make a scarf for Little Bear to find under the tree. It's Peaches and Cream cotton and is so soft.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So there you have it. My first three attempts at knitting that acctually turned into something. Someday I will convince KnitSchmidt to teach me how to make hats. That woman has created some amazing things!

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home